Welcome to Bissonet Plaza
Bissonet Plaza Elementary School was established in 1961 by a group of parents committed to having a neighborhood school. The tradition of an involved community has continued since that time. Bissonet School has 38 classrooms, library, teachers’ workroom, administrative offices, cafeteria, and a large playground with a covered pavillion, reading deck, and pond.
The school services grades Pre-K through 8 grades. Special services include: Gifted and Talented, Drama, Art and Music, Computer Lab, Library/Media Center, and Special Education Classes. Morning and After School Care is available.
Our Staff Believes
- Each student is a valued individual, has unique needs, and is capable of learning.
- Each individual in the educational program deserves respect.
- A school’s positive image is a reflection of the students, faculty, staff, parents, and community.
- The love of learning is nurtured through a variety of multi-sensory experiences.
- Learning is enhanced through instructional strategies that require students to use higher order thinking skills.
- Learning experiences are broadened through the use of educational technology and community resources.
- Children learn best through activities that are fun, challenging, and flexible.
- A safe, comfortable physical environment helps promote student successes.
- Parental involvement positively impacts the student’s sense of responsibility, appropriate behavior, and academic achievement.
School Day: 7:45 - 2:35
Students may arrive to school between 7:15 - 7:45.
Dismissal will begin at 2:35 (with the exception of Pre-K).