Research shows that parental involvement in school boosts student performance and confidence. Whether you volunteer every day, meet once a month with the PTO, or attend school family functions, your presence is valuable to us. Please see below for PTO information and parent volunteer opportunities. This page will continuously be updated so please check back frequently. If you have an idea you'd like to share, reach out to our main office.
Meisler Middle Parent/Teacher Club
Become a member of the Parent/Teacher Club. Volunteering to work in the classroom, chaperoning field trips, and assisting with many activities, are just a few things that you can do to make a difference. If you’d like to be more involved in your child’s education, we welcome your participation. Please call us at (504) 888-5832 and speak to one of our administrators.
Parent involvement is a very important aspect of every child’s education and is the primary factor in a students’ success in school. There are many ways in which you can participate in your child’s education:
- Communicate high expectations about work ethic and education.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and participate in their school activities and the educational process.
- Monitor their progress. Encourage and support. Work with the school, teachers, counselor and principal.
- Spend some time every day actively listening without criticism to what the kids have to say.
- Tell them that you love them and hold them accountable for their decisions. Let them know up-front the positive and negative consequences certain behavior will result in.
- Read to them. Have them read to you. This provides time together, reading practice and language background.
- Reinforce learning at home.
- Support them in their activities including homework, sports and dealing with life experiences.
- Provide structure for time spent at home which ensures appropriate time for sleep and study.
- Have your child sit down with you and establish a time schedule for study and to get everything ready for school the next day and place it by the door.
- Every day when your child comes home from school, talk with him/her. Ask what he has done for the day.
JP Schools Adopt-A-School Program
We exist to provide the education that students deserve to succeed in life and make our world a better place. The goal of the Adopt-A-School Program is to ensure students are prepared to become valuable members of a global society through the support of community partners. Your interest in becoming a partner for one or more of our schools is appreciated and needed. Please complete the application below to join us in supporting this important work. After completing this application, someone from our team will reach out to you about possible school matches.